Welcome to Auxiliary Online Learning
Coast Guard Auxiliary Online Classroom
The member-training portal known as the “U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Virtual Classroom” has moved to a new location, and is now called the Coast Guard Auxiliary Online Classroom.
The new link (URL) to the Online Classroom is http://classroom.cgaux.org.
- All courses previously available in the Virtual Classroom should immediately be available at the new Online Classroom.
- Old user accounts and course completion history have been retired, as the new site uses automatically provides members with new and permanent accounts based upon the same Member Zone Credentials used for AuxDirectory, NTC, Webforms, etc.
- Members, member training officers, and unit webmasters should change all bookmarks, links, or other references to the old Virtual Classroom to the new site and address.
- Support is available via the National Help Desk at http://help.cgaux.org.
- Members should note that the Auxiliary Mandated Training Program courses referenced in ALAUX 011/11 (Ethics, Sexual Harassment Prevention, et al.) are now available in AUXLMS (please see the AUXLMS message below).
Auxiliary Learning Management System (AUXLMS) is now available
The Coast Guard is committed to supporting the Coast Guard Auxiliary by providing training materials, courses, and tools to impart the skills and knowledge needed to achieve mission excellence. As part of this commitment, the Coast Guard has launched an enterprise-wide Auxiliary Learning Management System (AUXLMS) to automate the delivery and, in turn, improve the efficiency of training processes for Auxiliarists. This rollout of AUXLMS is a result of an extensive and comprehensive analysis performed by the Coast Guard Office of Training, Workforce Performance, and Development (CG-132), FORCECOM Training (FC-TADL), OSC Martinsburg, Auxiliary national training and information technology programs, and the Chief Director's office (CG-BSX-1).
Along with the Coast Guard Auxiliary Online Classroom, AUXLMS provides the flexibility for Auxiliarists to access additional training material anywhere and anytime on a personal computer. For example, with AUXLMS, you can fulfill your Auxiliary Mandated Training requirements from the comfort of your home (e.g., Ethics, Sexual Harassment Prevention, et al.); in addition, ICS-210 is now available online through AUXLMS. Although the current inventory of Auxiliary training material on AUXLMS is relatively small, it will grow as more training materials are developed for online availability. Through AUXLMS, Auxiliarists also have the opportunity to access active duty "Gold Side" training courses and materials, such as content on Coast Guard boat and cutter operations.
Please Note: Successful course completion is automatically recorded in AUXDATA without manual intervention of an Information Services (IS) staff officer. Data uploads from AUXLMS to AUXDATA will occur on a weekly basis each Monday.
For problems and support, please visit the National Help Desk at http://help.cgaux.org, and submit a ticket in the "T-Training" category. When you select that category, sub-categories appear; choose "AUXLMS".
If this is your first visit to the new Testing Center, you will need to create an Auxiliary Member Zone Password. Online testing allows Auxiliary members to take all open book exams.
All Districts have been authorized by the CHDIRAUX to participate in the on-line testing program and will receive credit towards qualification, re-qualification or certification.
FEMA Emergency Management Institute Courses
The Emergency Management Institute (EMI) offers the following free-of-charge, self-paced courses:
- IS-100.b Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
- IS-200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents, ICS-200
- IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS-800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction
EMI has implemented electronic certificates for all online test submissions. Upon successful completion, you will receive an email within one business day that confirms your transcript has been updated and a link to create your electronic certificate. Provide a copy of this certificate to your FSO-IS to register completed courses into AUXDATA.