Welcome to the Flotilla 20-2, District 5SR Web Site
ABOUT OUR FLOTILLA
Flotilla 20-02 in Morehead City, North Carolina supports boaters operating around the northern end of Bogue Banks and supporting operations at Coast Guard Station - Fort Macon, NC. Please join us for our next monthly meeting, Thursday, April 6 at 1900 hours, with networking commencing a half hour before that at the Carteret County Chamber of Commerce, 801 Arendell St # 1, Morehead City, NC 28557.
WHAT DOES OUR FLOTILLA DO?
• Conducts safety patrols on our local waterways.
• Provides support to the Coast Guard at local facilities.
• Performs free vessel safety checks.
• Teaches public boating safety classes.
• Assists the USCG with homeland security duties.
• Conducts safety patrols that provide assistance to boaters in distress.
• Performs search and rescue missions.
• Provides perimeter security for regattas and other marine events.
• Supports transport missions (personnel and supplies) during natural disasters.
• Verification of Aids to Navigation and ATON checks after severe storms.
• Pollution and environmental patrols to check waterways, ramps and related problems.
The Coast Guard considers the Auxiliary its primary resource for recreational boating safety outreach and prevention (see the message "From the Commandant"), and each Coast Guard district around the nation has established a senior officer and staff to provide tight liaison and coordination between the active-duty Coast Guard and the various Auxiliary units in that district.
Membership in the Auxiliary is open to persons 17 years of age and older. We hope you'll come to one of our meetings or call us. To contact us and find our flotilla meeting times and location go to Meeting Schedule in the left menu.
PLEASE LEARN MORE ABOUT US BY EXPLORING OUR SITE. IT'S FOR EVERYONE. WELCOME ABOARD!
very top: 2017 FC Heinz Rister
top 2: L Auxiliary Vessell on patrol; R We always wear our PFD's
middle: Auxiliarist Helen Andrews holding a VHF radio at Cherry Point Marine Station. She was demonstrating safety gear to a room full of Marines.--Photo by Dave Tolley
bottom: Vice Commander Amanna with Staff Officer Sonder engaging in public education at the NC Aquarium in PKS 03/18/17.--Photo by Dave Tolley