Tue, 21 Jun 16 Posted by: Ken Jacobs
Ken Jacobs, ANACO-DV
The Diversity Directorate works with the entire Coast Guard community to support the mission and vision of the National Commodore, and to ensure that diversity, in its many forms, is understood, respected and valued. The Diversity Directorate leads efforts to conceptualize, assess, and cultivate diversity as an organizational resource.
The Coast Guard Auxiliary will continue to meet America's ever-changing needs through increased attention to recreational boating safety, security of America’s waterways and improved methods of educating the boating public.
- USCG Operational Tasking (OPTASK) Diversity FY2011 SITREP Three
- National Commodore's Diversity Policy Statement
- National Commodore's Strategic Plan
- "Understanding Diversity" Powerpoint Presentation
- 12 Handouts for Diversity Toolkit
- Auxiliary Strategic Plan for Managing Diversity
- Next Practices in Achieving Diversity
- U.S. Coast Guard Office of Diversity (CG-12B) Diversity Highlights
- Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI) Observances
- COMPASS program deploys Active Duty, Reserve, Civilian, and Auxiliarists into their communities to increase America's Understanding and Awareness of the Coast Guard.
- Partnership in Education (PIE) program enhances educational opportunities and career awareness for the nation’s youth through direct participation in education related programs. PIE is an excellent way to access young audiences of all backgrounds, show the Coast Guard colors, and contribute to the community in your area.
- First Book is a unique partnership between the US Coast Guard and First Book - a national, private, non-profit organization whose mission is to give disadvantaged children the opportunity to read and own their first books. Their primary goal is to work with existing literacy and mentoring programs to distribute new books to children, who for economic or other reasons have little access to books.