Member of the General Public?
Welcome! This area is for you.
Do you go out on the water? Interested in boating? Kayakers, sport fisherman, hunters, jet skiers, water skiers, family day cruisers, private charter boat services, canoeists, rowers, rafters, paddle boarders, sail boaters, power boaters or just like the water...you'll find something here for you.
- Boating Courses: Find a boating-related course. Enter a zip code and distance to find classes being taught near you.
- Vessel Safety Checks: Find out if you have the right safety equipment.
- Request a VSC or Info: Request your free vessel safety check (VSC) or more information about taking a boating class or joining the Auxiliary.
- Boat Safely: Four simple tips for safer boating.
Float Plan Central: Fill out a float plan so you're prepared for an emergency. Have the information rescue personnel need to find you.
- Be an RBS Partner: If you're a merchant who deals with recreational boaters, become an Recreational Boating Safety (RBS) Partner to help keep our waterways safer for everyone.
- Boating Links: External sites: state boating requirements for Washington, Oregon, Montana and Idaho; Coast Guard sites; weather and tides, and other boating related information.
- What is the Auxiliary?: A brief history and guide to the US Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- Explore Joining Us: Interested in a meaningful volunteer opportunity that offers valuable benefits? Learn more about the Coast Guard Auxiliary!