The Coast Guard Auxiliary offers an array of boating safety courses and resources.
With the dramatic growth of the paddlesport portion of recreational boating, the Coast Guard Auxiliary is putting increased emphasis on paddlecraft safety.
Take advantage of resources available here on kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddling.
Paddlecraft Safety Resources
This CG Auxilary wiki page contains a wealth of information for paddlesport enthusiasts.
- Be Smart, Be Safe, Have Fun. A beginner's guide to paddling.
- Stand Up Paddlers (SUP) basic safety info.
- Checklist for kayaking and kayak fishing.
- Rules of the Road: What Paddlers Need to Know. (ACA brochure)
- Paddle Safe! Have Fun! Paddling safety brochure by ACA.
- Paddler's Safety Checklist brochure by ACA.