MEMBER ZONE
SEARCH NATIONAL SITE
SECURITY LEVELS

Welcome to the Flotilla 1-2, District 8CR Web Site

 Serving the Eastern Side of the District 

Flotilla 1-2 is privileged to call the Apalachee Bay area home. For many years, the Flotilla used and maintained the St. Marks Lighthouse. Originally constructed in 1829 by Winslow Lewis of Boston, the structure continues to serve as a navigational beacon for Florida's Big Bend area. The Flotilla used the lighthouse as its base of operations for its marine radio services for over 20 years before the lighthouse ownership was transferred from the Coast Guard to the Dept. of Interior.

Until recently or Flotilla's Area of Responsibility (AOR) was the coastal waters from just southeast of the Econfina River to half way between St. Marks and Shell Point FL. Today, our Flotilla's AOR spans further west to Apalachicola and include Shell Point, Ochlockonee Bay, Alligator Point, Carrabelle, Dog and St. George Islands and the Apalachicola River. Our meetings are held on the first Saturday of the month at the Wakulla Cooperative Extension located at 88 Cedar Lane in Crawfordville.


 
Interested in what the Auxiliary is all about? Watch this video.

 

Auxiliary Introduction from USCG Auxiliary on Vimeo.

 

 


Photographs/Illustrations Disclaimer
All digital photographs on this site have been processed to meet presentation and bandwidth requirements and should be considered illustrations unless otherwise noted.