The overarching mission of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is to contribute to the safety and security of our citizens, ports, waterways and coastal regions.
We will balance our missions of Recreational Boating Safety and Coast Guard Support with Maritime Homeland Security and other challenges that emerge as a result of our growing understanding of changes required in the post-9/11 era.
Boating and Non-Boating Programs
- Radio Watchstander - Serving as a
qualified watchstander at a Coast Guard or Auxiliary facility.
- SAR Call Out - Search And Rescue call
out involving communication facilities.
- MEP Mission - Surface support for a
Marine Environmental Protection mission.
- Auxiliary Radio Net Mission -
Maintaining Coast Guard authorized Auxiliary radio nets.
- Aids to Navigation Mission-Federal -
Servicing federal or private Aids to Navigation.
- Bridge Administration - Inspecting
- Safety Patrol - Patrol under Coast Guard
orders using an Auxiliary Operational Facility.
- Regatta Patrol - Patrolling organized
regattas and boat parades.
- Chart Update Patrol - Verifying the
accuracy and completeness of information published on charts and related navigation publications.
- PWC Patrol - Patrolling on a Personal
Water Craft (PWC).
Public Education Missions
- State and Youth Courses - State public education classes and youth courses.
- MT Instructor Mission - Member training activity, including specialty courses, boat crew training, and basic qualification classes.
- Enforcement of Laws and Treaties - Provide support to a Coast Guard law enforcement mission.
- Marine Environmental Protection - Provide support to the Coast Guard in the area of Marine Environmental Protection.
Coast Guard Support and Boating Safety Missions
- CG Operational Support - A service provided to operational Coast Guard units in support of Coast Guard programs.
- CG Administrative Support - Provide support to the Coast Guard in areas other than operations or recruiting.
- AIM Mission - The Auxiliary's Academy Introduction Mission (AIM).
- RAP Mission - Coast Guard Recruiting Assistance Program (RAP).
- Courtesy Marine Examinations - Vessel Safety Checks; Personal Water Craft Safety Checks; Uninspected Passenger Vessel; and Commercial Fishing Vessel.
- Public Affairs Mission - Promoting the Coast Guard, Coast Guard Auxiliary or Coast Guard Reserve.
- Marine Dealer Visits - Participating in the Marine Dealer Visitation Program.
Agency Support Missions
- Federal Agencies - Provide non-operational support to other federal agencies, such as Customs, Corps of Engineers and NOAA.
- State Agencies - Provide support to state agencies, such as the Department of Natural Resources, State Fish and Wildlife, State Police and Marine Patrols.
- Local Agencies - Provide support to local agencies, such as local police, sheriff's offices, fire/rescue and Harbormasters.