Welcome to the Flotilla 20-2, District 5SR Web Site
ABOUT OUR FLOTILLA
Flotilla 20-02 supports boaters operating around the northern end of Bogue Banks and supporting operations at Coast Guard Station - Fort Macon, NC. Please note our first meeting of 2017 will be held at The Morehead City Chamber of Commerce building. Parking is available on 8th street and Arendell (Hwy 70). For directions, please CLICK HERE.
WHAT DOES OUR FLOTILLA DO?
• Conducts safety patrols on our local waterways.
• Provides support to the Coast Guard at local facilities.
• Performs free vessel safety checks.
• Teaches public boating safety classes.
• Assists the USCG with homeland security duties.
• Conducts safety patrols that provide assistance to boaters in distress.
• Performs search and rescue missions.
• Provides perimeter security for regattas and other marine events.
• Supports transport missions (personnel and supplies) during natural disasters.
• Verification of Aids to Navigation and ATON checks after severe storms.
• Pollution and environmental patrols to check waterways, ramps and related problems.
ABOUT THE COAST GUARD AUXILIARY
The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is the uniformed, all-volunteer component of the United States Coast Guard. The Auxiliary was created by an Act of Congress in 1939, and has grown to over 32,000 members who daily support the Coast Guard in all its non-military, and non-law-enforcement missions. We have members and units in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam.
The Coast Guard considers the Auxiliary its primary resource for recreational boating safety outreach and prevention (see the message "From the Commandant"), and each Coast Guard district around the nation has established a senior officer and staff to provide tight liaison and coordination between the active-duty Coast Guard and the various Auxiliary units in that district.
Membership in the Auxiliary is open to persons 17 years of age and older. We hope you'll come to one of our meetings or call us. To contact us and find our flotilla meeting times and location go to Meeting Schedule in the left menu.
PLEASE LEARN MORE ABOUT US BY EXPLORING OUR SITE. IT'S FOR EVERYONE. WELCOME ABOARD!
very top: 2017 FC Heinz Rister
top: Rescue is stock footage from the USCG
middle: Auxiliarist Helen Andrews holding a VHF radio at Cherry Point Marine Station. She was demonstrating safety gear to a room full of Marines.--Photo by Dave Tolley
bottom: Immediate Past FC Vern Scott serving Christmas dinner to the active USCG enlistees at Fort Macon.